- Find us
How to get here - Find us - Directions
From M6 jct 40 take the first exit for Penrith. Go straight across mini roundabout with Cranstons on left and pass railway station on left. Bear left at next mini roundabout up hill for 100 yds to next mini roundabout. Go straight across, look for WCF store on left and Morrisons on right. Straight on down hill into town. At bottom of hill bear left, keep in RHS lane Double back towards town and take 1st left into Portland Place. St mini roundabout turn left and take second right into Graham Street. Bank House is three quarters of the way up on the right hand side just before the bend.
from Carlisle From M6 turn off at Jct 41 take second turning on right signposted Penrith, (Stoney beck). Travel for 1 mile to Stoneybeck roundabout take 5th turning signposted to Penrith. Travel over a mile. As you approach Penrith you will see the '30' mile sign take first turning on left signposted Langwathby Alston. Drive up hill and follow road round to right to drive onto Beacon edge (do not take left turn to golf course). Graham Street is first turning on right. Drive down Graham Street taking a left bend then a right, Bank House is situated on the left hand side at the beginning of the parking zone.
Directions from East A66 As you approach Penrith from Appleby:
you will come to Kemplay roundabout. Take the third turning into Penrith where you will pass the KFC, B&Q on your left and the hospital and fire station on your right. Drive into Penrith crossing straight over one mini roundabout travel a short distance and turn right just past John Norris's fishing shop. Keep on this road (friar gate which becomes Benson Road) it will turn left keep on this road then cross a double roundabout (meeting house lane) then another mini roundabout (drovers lane) Graham Street is second on the right after the roundabout. Bank House is three quarters of the way up on the right hand side just before the bend.
If you have a sat nav Postcode is CA11 9LE
Walking instructions to Bank House B and B
- from the clock in the Market Square walk along Devonshire Street passing The George Hotel on your right.
- Through the narrows in to Middlegate passing Woolworths on left, reaching the Tourist Information Centre on the right.
- Continue on this side of the road pass The Glen Cottage Hotel, Cross over beginning of Queen Street to reach The Town Hall.
- Turn Right up Portland Place, and left at mini roundabout on to Drovers Lane.
- Graham Street is the second turning on the right.
- Walk about ¾ of the way up and just before a left bend you will find Bank House B and B – A Large white house with red corners a large garden with mature copper beach trees.